Friday, November 26, 2021

Grand Rapids Radio: WHTS Morning Host Crowned 'Mrs. America 2022'

WHTS' Jackie Green

Jackie Blankenship, known on-air as Jackie Green, co-hosts the Gray and Green show on WHTS 105.3 HOT FM has been crowned Mrs. American 2022

She won the Mrs. America Pageant in Las Vegas last weekend, reports WZZM-TV13.

"I actually was first runner up, I was second place. But the woman who did win had some health issues and had to step down," she said. "So, they said 'hey, you're now the winner.' They give you this whole spiel at a pageant, where if a winner can't fulfill their duties, then first runner up will take over. They say that, but who ever thinks that's gonna happen?"

"I thought 'this is my time, I'm going to Mrs. America and competing with 49 women who did win their state,'" she said.

"I kind of went in with the mentality that I'm just gonna have fun, because I wasn't even supposed to be here."


In the end, Blankenship had a great time and took home the crown. She will compete next in the Mrs. World Pageant 2022, which will also be held in Las Vegas.


No comments:

Post a Comment