Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Rittenhouse Says He's Considering Lawsuits

Screenshot of Daily Mail graphic 11/23/21

Kyle Rittenhouse has accused Joe Biden of 'defamation' and 'malice' after the president last year labeled him a white supremacist, with the teenager confirming he was considering legal action. 

Rittenhouse, 18, spoke to Tucker Carlson for an interview broadcast on Monday night and told the Fox News host how, in the days since his acquittal on Friday, he has been forced to hire bodyguards. 

I'm hoping I can live a quiet stress-free life, and be free of any intimidation or harassment and just go on with my life as a normal 18-year-old kid attending college,' said Rittenhouse, who is currently studying nursing at Arizona State, and hoping to be able to attend in-person classes on campus. 


The events of the last 15 months have also made him consider a career in law. But, he said, he was scared to be alone in public. 

'I'm at a place now to where I have to have people with me, because people want to kill me just because I defended myself, and they are too ignorant to look at the facts of what happened,' he said. 'I see some of the threats. Some of the things people say is absolutely sickening.' 

Rittenhouse sat down with Carlson days after being cleared on Friday of homicide, attempted homicide and reckless endangerment in the shooting deaths of Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26, and the wounding of Gaige Grosskreutz, 27. 

No comments:

Post a Comment