Saturday, October 2, 2021

Natalie Morales to EXIT NBC News

Natalie Morales
Natalie Morales is leaving NBC News. The “Dateline” correspondent and “Today” show anchor has been with the group for 22 years. She will be joining CBS’ daytime talk show “The Talk,” an individual with knowledge of her decision told TheWrap.

Morales will take over the vacated slot left by Carrie Ann Inaba, who departed in August. Reps for “The Talk” declined to comment.

Morales will remain with “Today” for the next few weeks. She will continue to appear on “Dateline” throughout the remainder of 2021.

Morales informed the NBC News staff of her decision to depart during a Friday afternoon meeting.

Morales’s departure was announced in a memo to NBC News staff and obtained by TheWrap:

How do you begin to say thank you for 22 amazing years? I struggle to find the right words and there are way too many people I need to thank for a wonderful career at NBC News. I think back to my early days cutting my teeth at WVIT in Hartford, CT then taking the huge and – at the time- petrifying leap to MSNBC and alas— scoring the golden tickets to the Today Show and Dateline. Never in a million years did I imagine this when I dreamed of what I wanted to be when I grew up!

Tom Mazzarelli, the executive producer of the Today show, said in a note to Today staff that Morales has “been offered an opportunity she’s passionate about,” which contributed to her decision to leave Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment