Saturday, October 2, 2021

Chicago Radio: New Allegation Surfaces Against WTMX's Ferguson

WTMX Morning Host Eric Ferguson

A second female former employee of WTMX 101.9 FM has come forward to say longtime on-air host Eric Ferguson engaged in sexually inappropriate conduct, alleging in a Thursday court filing that he groped her at the station’s Christmas party in full view of her husband and co-workers in 2003.

The Chicago Tribune reports the woman, Kristen Mori of Ohio, a former sales employee who left the station in 2004, said in the filing she was “shocked and disturbed by Ferguson’s offensive touching” and alleged management “turned a blind eye toward (his) inappropriate and offensive conduct” because of the revenue generated by his popular morning show.

The new complaint is separate from an earlier suit in which DeNicolo, 43, sued Ferguson, alleging he coerced sexual favors from her for several months in 2004 until she “summoned the courage” to put an end to it. Hubbard is not named as a defendant in the first suit.

Attorneys for Ferguson, 54, have denied DeNicolo’s allegations against the host of “Eric in the Morning” on 101.9 FM. Attorney Peter Donati said Friday he was reviewing the allegations in the latest filing and could not offer immediate comment.

Ferguson, DeNicolo
Hubbard Radio Chicago vice president and market manager Jeff England said Friday, “We are aware of the suit and are reviewing it.”

In DeNicolo’s earlier lawsuit against Ferguson, filed in May, she alleged he demanded she perform oral sex about twice a month in 2004 using the code words “I need a backrub.” She said in her suit that he blocked promotions and orchestrated her dismissal in May 2020, some 16 years after she refused to resume the “unwelcome sexual relationship.”

Kristen Mori stated in the court filing that she worked closely with Ferguson while employed at The Mix in sales from 1998 to 2004.

“On multiple occasions while I worked at The Mix, I observed Ferguson behave inappropriately toward women, including me,” she wrote.

Mori provided two examples. In fall 1999, when she was 29, Ferguson asked her if her breasts were real when the two drove back to the station following a work lunch, according to her declaration. She said yes, hoping her answer would put an end to the conversation, she wrote.

Kristen Mori
“Ferguson responded that for him to believe me he would need to feel my breasts,” Mori wrote. “I was disgusted by Ferguson’s words and immediately left the car after he said that.”


Mori’s declaration also said that at an office Christmas party in December 2003 Ferguson “greeted me by hugging me, and while he was hugging me, he slipped his hands under my jacket and very clearly grabbed my breasts.”

Mike Mori, identified as an account executive with WDRV-FM 97.1 at the time, stated he saw Ferguson “rubbing my wife’s breast with his hand” and that Ferguson stopped when he approached.

“I was furious and considered punching Ferguson for groping my wife,” he wrote. “However, I did not do anything for fear of causing a scene that would result in me and my wife losing our jobs.”

Like DeNicolo, Kristen Mori said she did not report the alleged behavior to management for fear of losing her job.

Kathy Hart, longtime co-host of the “Eric & Kathy” show on WTMX, left in 2017 without explanation. Another co-host, Melissa McGurren, exited Ferguson’s show in December 2020 without publicly disclosing a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment