Saturday, December 19, 2020

NOLA Radio: Talker Kristian Garic Explains WWL Absence

Kristian Garic
Kristian Garic, a fixture on WWL Radio as a sports talk radio show host alongside Bobby Hebert, on Thursday told listeners why he hasn't been on the air for the past month.

"My name is Kristian, I am an alcoholic," Garic wrote in a column published on WWL.com.

He returned to the airwaves on Thursday night and thanked listeners for their support, reports NOLA.com.

"Twenty-nine days ago, I checked myself into an addiction treatment facility in central Louisiana to treat my substance abuse," Garic wrote in his column. "I’m out of treatment now, but the road to sobriety is just beginning."

One reason Garic said he chose to tell his story publicly is because listeners "are a part of my life."

"I spend four hours every weeknight with you," he wrote. "I spend hours every year prior to and after Saints games and on LSU Saturdays... celebrating big wins and commiserating after tough losses."

Garic began co-hosting "Sports Talk" in March 2018.

"Sports Talk" is a four-hour weekday show on WWL Radio, hosted by Garic and Hebert, the former Saints quarterback who's affectionately known as the "The Cajun Cannon."

No comments:

Post a Comment