One of the leading experts on audio content measurement and listening trends, Signal Hill Insights has built a strong reputation for podcast advertising brand equity measurement.
- No longer can marketers assert podcast advertising cannot be measured as there is a robust and experienced set of firms that are measuring search and site traffic as well as podcast brand effect.
- Awareness is important because it drives sales: A brand must be known before they are needed. According to Nielsen, unaided awareness is responsible for 60% of all brand considerations and 90% of all auto purchase intentions.
- Billie: Razors and personal grooming products for women: Compared to those who did not hear Billie’s ads, those exposed to the podcast ads had +117% greater unaided awareness, +42% greater aided awareness, +21% greater “love/like” brand favorability, and were +21% more likely to take an action.
- HelloFresh: Recipe box service: Those exposed to the podcast ads represented a +164% increase in unaided awareness and a +44% growth in aided awareness. Among those exposed, brand favorability grew +51%. There was a +16% lift in those that said they would take an action.
- Chanel: Famous fashion brand: Comparing those unexposed and exposed to the Chanel ad saw an outsized lift in unaided awareness (+206%) and virtually no growth in aided awareness. When you’re one of the most famous global fashion brands, it’s hard to improve on an aided awareness that is nearly 100%. Those exposed to the podcast ads had +7% greater brand favorability. Among those exposed there was a +13% lift in taking action.
- Talkspace: Online mobile therapy service: Podcast advertising grew unaided awareness by +150% and aided awareness by +14%. Brand favorability increased +14% and those that would take action was up +10%.