Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Phoenix Radio: Tom Peake Off-Air At KOOL-FM


Longtime air personality Tom Peake is coming off the air after nearly 40 years at Entercom's KOOL 94.5 FM.

However, Peake will remain at the station as music director.

Reached on Facebook Messenger, Peake told the Arizona Republic: “Fair to say that it wasn't my idea, but I understand why, and I have no bad feelings or regrets.”

Peake started at the station with a weekend shift and moved to evenings in 1981. He became the station's production director in the early '80s, then shifted into a new role as music director in 1985.

He also hosted the morning and afternoon drive before settling into the midday shift.

"I'd just like to say that I have nothing but the utmost respect for the station and the people in it," Peake told The Republic on Facebook Messenger.

"I've had a great run on the air here dating back to September 1, 1979. Wow! I think that we were playing disco at that time! I'm not going to be on the air any longer but, I'm still working with KOOL scheduling the music, and will be for the foreseeable future. I've been the luckiest guy in this business, and I hope I've been able to put a smile on some peoples faces along the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment