Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Atlanta Radio: Erick Erickson Exits Red State

Erick Erickson
Red State editor and influential WSB 750 AM / 95.5 FM radio host Erick Erickson announced he is leaving the website and will focus on his radio career.

Erickson made his announcement in a blog post on RedState and said the change will happen before the end of the year.

He said after 10 years with the site it was time for him to head in a different direction.
My career in radio continues to grow. I’ve been filling in for Herman Cain and now Rush Limbaugh and my own show in Atlanta has stellar ratings. My radio company is Cox Media Group and they very much want me to have a radio show website. RedState is owned by Salem Communications now, which bought Eagle Publishing. It too is a radio company. 
So I find myself in a conundrum and realized that my future is in radio — well, really my future is in multimedia where the web and radio are all one component used in various ways to benefit them all. And that, I think at this point, requires me to go out on my own. i just don’t want to run two separate websites between two radio competitors when I have a pretty specific vision of what I want to do blending radio, the internet, and conservative activism.

No comments:

Post a Comment