Thursday, January 3, 2013

R.I.P.: Singer Patti Page Was 85

The famous voice of the "Tennessee Waltz," Patti Page, died on Tuesday (January 1st) in Encinitas, California at the age of 85. According to the AP, Page was the most successful female singer of the 1950s, selling 100 million records.



Page is also known for her hits "(How Much Is) That Doggie in the Window," "With My Eyes Wide Open I'm Dreaming," "Would I Love You" and "Mockingbird Hill."

Born Clara Ann Fowler, Page was a Grammy-winner and received a Pioneer award from the Academy of Country Music. She was also a member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame and was set to be honored with the Recording Academy's Lifetime Achievement Award next month.

George Jones issued a statement saying, "I just loved singing with Patti and she hit notes I never dreamed of! We cut some songs together and it was a great time. She'll be missed by lots of folks and everybody needs to know how great she was. Patti was a wonderful singer with a real special voice."

No comments:

Post a Comment