Thursday, December 16, 2010

Goumba Johnny ‘Very Surprised’ to Leave WKTU

“Goumba Johnny” Sialiano has been a fixture on Clear Channel’s dance station WKTU for 15 years. Today, we learned that Sialiano is no longer with 103.5.

Sialiano is most associated for his time working side by side with Sean “Hollywood” Hamilton in evenings and afternoons. He also several years, with several co-hosts, in morning drive.

“I was very surprised,” Sialiano tells FishbowlNY exclusively. “I was surprised because of my performance and the numbers. …Was it about performance? I don’t think so. Certainly, the numbers don’t add up.”

He points out that his shifts had the highest rating and Cume on the station, attracting over 2 million listeners daily.

“Our show had 40 percent of all ‘KTU listeners listening in the afternoon,” Sialiano says.  The popular jock/sidekick is left scratching his head.

“Do I have the answer after that? I don’t, ” Sialiano admits. “This is the type of thing that maybe a year from now I’ll be able to look at it and see it clearly. Right now it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.”

Sialiano is keeping his composure, but is obviously miffed by not working at his beloved ‘KTU any longer.

Not under contract since 2007, Clear Channel execs recently were looking to change that.

“Out of nowhere, I was offered a contract at a reduced salary.”

Calling it a “substantial paycut,” Sialiano took last weekend to discuss it with his wife.

Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment