Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Is Brady Really Retired? Don't Bet On It


One of Fox Sports’ biggest broadcasters has questions about just how soon Tom Brady will join the network, reports The NY Post.

During Tuesday’s installment of his FS1 show, Colin Cowherd addressed recent rumors that Rich Eisen heard at the NFL Scouting Combine last week, in which Brady could potentially unretire for a second straight offseason.

“Somebody I trust outside of this building told me a couple weeks ago, ‘I don’t think Tom Brady’s gonna be a broadcaster any time soon. I think he wants to play,'” Cowherd said.

“Brady set a couple of different records last year, attempts and completions, at 45 years old. So a lot of people limp to the end; Elway didn’t, Derek Jeter didn’t, Kobe Bryant scored 61 in his last game as a Laker,” Cowherd continued.

Cowherd also referenced Brady’s appearance on his show last month, when the legendary quarterback hemmed and hawed, and declined to give a firm answer after the host asked him if he was retired for good this time.

“People that day told me, ‘I loved the Brady interview, but he kind of gave you a fuzzy answer on the retiring thing.’ I went back and watched it and thought, ‘Yeah, it was kind of fuzzy,'” Cowherd said.

It was on Cowherd’s show that Brady announced he would be taking a gap year between the NFL and broadcasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment