Saturday, December 17, 2022

Dan Bongino Says He's Not Renewing Contract With Westwood One


Conservative media talker Dan Bongino said he will end his nationally broadcast radio show when his contract is up.

The Washington Examiner reports Bongino, whose show is heard on weekdays on Cumulus Media's Westwood One stations across the country, made the announcement on Friday.

He said the decision "really sucks because I spent a lot of time building this and I love it and it's grown on me."

He told listeners that the company approached him following the death of Rush Limbaugh in 2021, and at the time, he wasn't interested in trying to fill the talk legend's shoes.

"I said, 'No, I don't want it,'" Bongino said, adding that reconsidered after thinking back to Limbaugh's final show. "And I changed my mind. I said, 'You know what? I'll take it, but for a limited amount of time.'"

Bongino and Cumulus Media have had public fights in the past, notably over the company's vaccine mandate during the pandemic. The host took a hiatus from his program in protest of the policy.

Bongino said he still has 1 1/2 years left in his deal with the company, saying, "I'm going to enjoy and savor every minute of it."

He said the decision was not made due to finances and that his podcast, which is independent of his radio show, will continue. Bongino also has a television show on Fox News.

Cumulus Media did not respond to Media Confidential for comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment