Friday, September 24, 2021

Seattle Radio: Charlie Harger To Join KIRO-FM As News Director


Longtime Seattle radio newsman Charlie Harger has announced he is departing is leaving Newsradio KOMO 1000 AM after 19 years.  Harger announced he's KIRO 97.3 FM as news director starting Monday October 4, 2021.

Charlie Harger
Harger made the announcement on his Facebook page: "I’ll be coaching and collaborating with an incredible team at a legendary station. Truly, it’s something I’ve wanted to do for decades, and it’s happening. I know this region, I know news radio, and I’m ready for the challenge."

Harge added,"This is, of course, a bittersweet moment. 19 years ago, I was a newly-married 27-year-old kid hired as a part-time evening and overnight board operator at KOMO. I’m not exactly sure how I did it, but I worked my way up from there, thanks to the support and encouragement from co-workers. As trite as it may sound to say, they are family. Every single person there."

Charlie Harger has been with KOMO Newsradio since 2002. Prior to that he worked at radio stations throughout Western Washington, with stops in Centralia, Olympia and Bellingham. 

Harger also announced he departing as an instructor from Green River College.  He taught students about radio broadcasting and podcasting, social media, and emerging technologies for the media industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment