Thursday, June 10, 2021

Charlotte Radio: K104.7's Melany Myers Urges Get A Mammogram


Melany Myers, half of the team of Phil and Mel in the Afternoon on WKQC K104.7 has been through a year that would have broken most. It started off with spinal fusion surgery that had complications.

“When I had surgery, I ended up with a staph infection that almost truly almost killed me, it was really hardcore.” said Myers.

That put her off the air for three months. But that wasn’t the end of the bad news.

“Last week, I got diagnosed with breast cancer.” she said.

But instead of pulling away, she pushed forward using her radio platform to encourage others to get checked.


“I wanted people to look at me because I do have a lot of people on Facebook and doing the radio to make sure to get their mammograms.” Myers told WBTV.


No comments:

Post a Comment