Saudi Arabia has taken a 5.7% stake in Beverly Hills-based Live Nation Entertainment Inc., the world’s largest concert promoter, according to a document filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday.
The L-A Times reports the investment, valued at about $500 million, comes as businesses like Live Nation that depend heavily on live events have been hard hit by COVID-19 pandemic. Concerns about the disease have shut down or postponed music festivals and concerts, including ones hosted by Live Nation.
The company said 8,000 shows were affected by the suspension of events from mid-March through March 31. Live Nation sold 15 million tickets for those shows, many of which were postponed. About 10% of the tickets sold were for shows that were canceled, Live Nation said.

Earlier this month, Live Nation said it was implementing a salary reduction program where the salaries of senior executives would be cut by up to 50% and that its chief executive would also forgo his salary. There will also be hiring freezes, rent renegotiations and furloughs, among other cost-cutting measures, the company said.
“Given the uncertainty associated with the duration of current conditions globally, the company has launched a number of initiatives to reduce fixed costs and conserve cash,” Live Nation said earlier this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment