Friday, July 19, 2019

D/FW Radio: Tony Romo Responds To Peyton Manning Comments

Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo joined the Ben and Skin Show on KRLD 105.3 FM The Fan to talk about the latest on his golf game, the Cowboys offensive changes, Bill Belichick, and Peyton Manning's criticism.

Manning took a veiled shot at Romo for his dedication – or lack thereof – to the game during his Dallas Cowboys days.

Manning, 43, reportedly turned down a job as a Monday Night Football analyst because he didn’t want to analyze Eli Manning’s play. Manning is open to being a broadcaster one day but said “it’s just not the right time for me.”

Manning, who has said yes to certain projects in retirement and no to others, went on to say:

“I saw where Tony Romo said that he always knew that he wanted to be a broadcaster. Well, I always knew I wanted to be a football player. That’s all I knew. I was all-in on that job. I didn’t think about anything else while I was playing. And I think that’s a good way to be. I think you’ve got to be all-in on what you’re doing.”


Romo had a chance to respond to Manning on Wednesday:

"I actually hadn't heard those comments. I like to tunnel the little bubble I live in. But, ultimately, that's something I never actually said," Romo said. "I didn't start thinking about being a broadcaster until I was contemplating retirement. And so at that point, then you're going to start thinking about your next stage."

No comments:

Post a Comment