Monday, February 4, 2019

Racine-Milwaukee Radio: WVTY Snags Van McNeil

Magnum.Media station WVTY 92.1 VTY Country, Racine-Milwaukee, has tapped veteran Milwaukee radio personality Van McNeil to handle early afternoons from Noon – 3 p.m. beginning today.

Van McNeil
This will be McNeil’s first foray into the Country format.“Honestly, I’m excited and a little scared.” said McNeil. “I’ve covered many different formats in my career including Top 40, Pop, Adult Contemporary, Adult Hits, Classic Hits, Oldies, Sports Talk and News, but actually, I was raised on Country. Growing up, when “Pops,” my late Father, was working on the truck, smashing aluminum cans or fixing my bike, he had Country music on. If radio waves emanate all the way up to Heaven, I know he’ll get a kick out of his kid finally playing Country music.”

Owner Dave Magnum stated, “We’ve had the good fortune to work with Van for the past two years. Coupled with his playful side, he has a genuine empathy for other people. Those combined traits will connect well with the Country lifestyle group.”

McNeil, a Mundelein, IL native, landed his first Milwaukee market radio gig in 1997. Fast forward to today, he can be seen and heard in several roles, among them, work for Channel 12 WISN-TV and the Milwaukee Wave soccer team. He also volunteers his time to numerous charitable organizations including the Time Tomorrow Foundation, which uses music and the arts to help and inspire those impacted by cancer.

McNeil added, “I’m really looking forward to this new adventure and am fascinated by how Country music continues to evolve. I’m delighted to be joining Mitch Morgan and the other personalities Magnum.Media has brought together. I also look forward to serving our communities. If an organization has a charitable event they’d like our 92.1 VTY Country listeners to know about, they should get ahold of me via email at vanm@magnum.media

No comments:

Post a Comment