Thursday, January 22, 2015

Augusta Radio: WGAC's Austin Rhodes Attends SOTU

Austin Rhodes
Talk personality Austin Rhodes of WGAC 580 AM / 95.1 FM sits way right of the President, but Tuesday night he found himself sitting right in front of him.

"The best seat I could have had," he told WRDW-TV. "I was sitting directly in line with the president."

"95% of anyone that matters in government was there last night and I was there as a guest," he said.

Rhodes was invited by his long time friend Senator Johnny Isakson.

"I couldn't think of anything better for a history buff or someone involved in government as I am on their 50th birthday to go to the State of the Union Address," Rhodes said.

He said being in the same room as the President, the Vice President, most of the supreme court justices and virtually every senator and congressman in the country, it was an experience of a lifetime.

"It is unbelievably humbling and quite the American experience," Rhodes said. "I guarantee you I will never do anything that cool ever again. It beats out James Brown's wedding."

No comments:

Post a Comment