Kenny Smoov has left Cumulus Media after 23 years, including 21 as program director of Nashville’s 92Q (WQQK), to launch independent projects through his new firm, Nashville Brown LLC.
![]() |
| Kenny Smoov |
“This has been an incredible chapter of my life and career, and I’m extremely proud of what we built, the people I’ve had the opportunity to work with, and the relationships I’ve developed both in Nashville and nationally over the past two decades,” Smoov said. “But I’m also excited about what comes next. I still have a lot of ideas, energy, and great work ahead of me.”
Smoov joined Cumulus in 2003 and was named 92Q program director. The Tennessean named him Favorite Radio Personality of the Year in 2017. He launched The Kenny Smoov Morning Show in October 2018 and was promoted to VP of urban formats in June 2019 while continuing to run 92Q.He left mornings in July 2025 when 92Q introduced The 615 Wake Up, then spent his last year as program director and midday host.

