Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Swifties Get To Hear Taylor On Country Radio

Taylor Swift Visits ACC

Taylor Swift appeared on country radio over the weekend, but she did not announce a new rerecording, “reputation (Taylor’s Version)” or a 13th era.

Instead, her Saturday spots used prerecorded answers about songwriting, “Toy Story 5” and lessons from years in the studio. Hosts posed questions and played Swift’s supplied clips rather than conducting live interviews.

The same audio ran on Nashville’s WSM Radio during “Y’all Access with Kelly Sutton” and the nationally syndicated “American Country Countdown with Ryan Fox.” 



“The iHeartCountry House Party with Wayne D and Tay” aired some different clips that covered much of the same ground.

In one of the longest excerpts shared on X, Swift described writing “I Knew It, I Knew You” with producer Jack Antonoff for the “Toy Story 5” soundtrack.

“When I realized that we were gonna have the opportunity to write a song for ‘Toy Story,’ it really hit me the weight of this, like how lucky we were to get to sort of take up what Randy Newman has created and continue that legacy,” she said on American Country Countdown.

She and Antonoff did not try to reinvent Newman’s sound, she said, but to make a song that could sit beside his work. “I just thought we’re gonna take these beautiful, you know, tapestries of musical art he’s created, brushstroke by brushstroke, and we’re gonna try to create something that would go in that collection,” Swift said.