Saturday, August 10, 2024

St. Louis Radio: Double Duty For Lern

Lauren 'Lern' Elwell

Real Rock Radio fans in the St. Louis area will be hearing some familiar voices after a shakeup in the lineup. KSHE-95 owner Hubbard Radio recently laid off afternoon host Josh Innes. They are bringing back Lern, and Favazz is returning to the 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. timeslot.

Lauren 'Lern' Elwell started at KSHE in March 2023. He previously worked at a classic rock radio station in Nashville. Before that, he was a sports talk radio host in Houston and Philadelphia. His career has seen plenty of controversy but Innes says that budget cuts were the reason behind the layoff.

Lern previously hosted the 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. timeslot on KSHE. She left to be a part of the Rizzuto show. Now she’s returning as a full-time host to the station she’s been a part of since 2008.

“KSHE always will feel like ‘home’ to me, and the amount of fun and growth that’s happened with The Rizzuto Show this last year and a half has been beyond my wildest expectations! I’m thankful to be part of both!” states Lern in a Facebook post.

Fox TV2 reports Lern will be on 105.7 The Point from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and then host her own show on KSHE from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

“I am so excited to be on air at KSHE 95 and 105.7 The Point. This is honestly ‘Peak Radio Goals’ for me in my career in St. Louis. I am so honored, honestly. KSHE always will feel like ‘home’ to me, and the amount of fun and growth that’s happened with The Rizzuto Show this last year and half has been beyond my wildest expectations! I’m thankful to be part of both!” states Lern.

The changes will start on August 12 and Lern is off this week to “rest up.” Todd Morgan will now be the new host of KSHE’s Monday Night Metal. She was a part of the program since departing for the morning show on 105.7 FM.

No comments:

Post a Comment