Saturday, January 13, 2024

Former CNN Pundit Angela Rye Accuses Chris Cuomo of Harassment

Political commentator Angela Rye came forward with a stunning sexual harassment allegation against her former CNN colleague Chris Cuomo, whom she claimed called her "tinsel crotch" via text. 

On the first installment of her "Native Land Pod" podcast, Rye began by addressing her "disappearance" from CNN after several years at the network.

She said her exit was more "impactful" on her than she initially believed, recalling how she was told by CNN in January 2021 her contract was not being renewed due to a shift in focus on COVID rather than politics, something she knew was "a lie" since "two Black women were hired for half my current contributor rate right after."

Fox News Digital reports the went on to tell a story she said she had "suppressed for three years."

"Just 10 days prior to receiving that call on Jan. 21, the darling of the network and one of the most influential hosts during Jeff Zucker's tenure was texting me about a segment idea he had for his primetime show," Rye said. "Chris Cuomo was suddenly excited about a prominent regular role for me where I would check the left. Truthfully, I had my doubts on the genuine nature of this idea… Cuomo came up with this particular segment idea after a text exchange that went woefully wrong." 

"It all began on New Year's Day when I posted a picture of myself looking forward to the new year in a gold-sequined bikini on Instagram. Cuomo screenshot the image and said, ‘Happy New Year, tinsel crotch,’" Rye told listeners. "Stunned, I read and reread the message a dozen times, trying to understand. If I somehow brought this on myself since whatever you post on social is fair game, right? I teared up… I felt like the safest place I had on a show on CNN had been compromised."

No comments:

Post a Comment