Monday, February 20, 2023

YouTube CEO Exits


YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki said Thursday that she’s stepping down. Neal Mohan, chief product officer, will take the lead as the senior vice president and new head of YouTube.

Susan Wojcicki
“Today, after nearly 25 years here, I’ve decided to step back from my role as the head of YouTube and start a new chapter focused on my family, health, and personal projects I’m passionate about,” she said in a blog post.

Wojcicki, 54, joined YouTube as CEO in 2014.

She will continue working with YouTube teams, coaching members and meeting with creators, she added.

Wojcicki said she agreed with Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai to, in the longer term, take on an advisory role across Google and Alphabet. “This will allow me to call on my different experiences over the years to offer counsel and guidance across Google and the portfolio of Alphabet companies,” she wrote

No comments:

Post a Comment