Tuesday, August 18, 2020

VA Radio: Jessica Cash EXITING Country WFLS, Fredericksburg

WFLS-FM Jessica and Steve
Jessica Cash is leaving Alpha Media's WFLS 93.3 FM in Fredericksburg, VA as morning host and is retiring on August 21st after 14-years on the morning show with Steve Waters.

"Fourteen years is a long time for someone in our profession to be in one place. I've had the good fortune to do that, to hopefully get your day started with a smile. But, now it's time for me to make a change in my life." said Cash. "I'll miss my radio partner, Steve Waters who became a good friend, not just a co-worker and I'll miss the team here at the radio station."

Market manager Jeff Boden said, "Someone with Jessica's talents is a rare find and we are very lucky to have had her as a central part of our family for so long."

"Creative, dedicated, focused, and connected is what Jessica is," added Content/Operations Manager Bill West. "We will miss the light that she brings each morning to our station!"

Cash said regarding future plans, "That's easy. I'll find a beach to refresh my soul. I'll watch a sunrise not because I am doing the morning show, but because I can soak it in. And when I'm not watching the sunrise, I'll be sleeping in."

Jessica and her co-host Steve Waters teamed up to net many awards during her time in Fredericksburg, the most recent being the CMA Small Market Morning Show in 2018 and the ACM Small Market Personality in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment