Tuesday, April 7, 2020

SiriusXM Radio: Alyssa Milano Defends Her Biden Silence

Alyssa Milano
Alyssa Milano is defending her decision to stay silent in the wake of a recently surfaced allegation against former Vice President Joe Biden by former Senate staffer Tara Reade, who claims he sexually assaulted her in 1993.

According to Fox News, Milano, 47, spoke with radio host Andy Cohen on Monday during his SiriusXM broadcast and when Cohen brought up the fact that, once again, Milano had been a trending topic on Twitter. He gave the actress the floor to speak on the matter and she did so, choosing her words gingerly.

“So it's actually quite a serious reason, I think. So I've been I endorsed Joe Biden. And there have been accusations against Joe about sexual assault,” Milano began. “I have not publicly said anything about this.”
“But that does not mean at the expense of not, you know, giving men their due process and investigating situations and giving, you know, it's gotta be fair and in both directions," Milano added.

“So, I've been very vocal about Biden and my support for him. I've known him for a long time,” said Milano. “And I did do my due diligence because part of it was that – and the article that sort of stood out to me was that Time's Up decided not to take the case. And so, you know…”


Cohen chimed in to carry on Milano’s point, adding, “That was important to you. That meant, 'Well, maybe there's more to this story here.'”

“Right,” Milano confirmed. “I did my work and I spoke to Time's Up and I just don't feel comfortable throwing away a decent man that I've known for 15 years in this time of complete chaos, without there being a thorough investigation and I'm sure that the mainstream media would be jumping all over this as well if, you know, if they ...”

No comments:

Post a Comment