Tuesday, December 24, 2019

D-C Radio: Julia Ziegler New News/Programming Director At WTOP

Julia Ziegler
Hubbard Radio has announced the appointment of  Julia Ziegler as Director of News and Programming for News WTOP 103.5 FM.

She first started her career at WTOP as a freelance desk assistant in 2003, shortly after her first opportunity as a summer intern in 2002. During that time, she held a variety of posts within the company including her work helping to launch Washington Post Radio, web manager at Federal News Network and most recently as WTOP Digital News Director. She replaces former News and Programming Director Mike McMearty who left in October after 27 years at WTOP.

WTOP Senior VP/General Manager Joel Oxley said, "During her time here Julia has truly excelled in every position she has held. As the pioneer of many incredible projects, she has led our team with commitment, excellence and passion. I look forward to seeing what the future holds and am incredibly excited to have her in this position."

"I am excited and honored to lead the incredible journalists who work tirelessly in the WTOP newsroom 24/7/365. This team is made up of some of the most hardworking and dedicated people I have ever met, and they drive me to be my best every day," added Ziegler. "WTOP is a special place with special people. I knew that from the second I stepped foot in the door as an intern in 2002. I look forward to all of the great things this team will continue to accomplish in the years ahead."

No comments:

Post a Comment