Thursday, October 18, 2018

Atlanta Radio: OK Jean Ross To Retire From WOAK, WVEE

Jean Ross
Jean Ross, the long-time WAOK and WVEE V-103 host and executive, is retiring.

According to to ajc.com, Ross, who joined the company 17 years ago, has been in radio for 40 years.  In a Facebook Messenger note, she said she had a car accident last year and it led to some soul searching.

“Decided I was giving too much of myself to others. It was time to be selfish,” Ross wrote. “I have worked in this business for 40 years. Radio has changed. Immediate plans include visiting family and friends until the first of the year then.”

Ross has had many roles at the two stations over the years including news reporter, news anchor, news director and public affairs director at WAOK. She is now operations manager at both WAOK and V-103 and program director at WAOK.

“Jean is the best boss I’ve ever had,” said WAOK host Rashad Richey. “She gave me a shot in radio and mentored me through the nuances of the business. Over the years, she has become like another mother to me. I am saddened to see her retire but will always remember how she impacted my life. Jean will be missed by all of us.”

Prior to her time in Atlanta, she worked in radio in Baltimore and co-hosted a morning show with Frank Ski.

No comments:

Post a Comment