Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Update: Michael Buble NOT Finished With Music Career

Michael Buble
A rep for the Michael Bublehas confirmed to Page Six that he has no plans to retire, following an interview published in the Daily Mail, in which he spoke about quitting the music industry after son Noah’s battle with liver cancer.

“Going through this with Noah, I didn’t question who I was, I just questioned everything else. Why are we here?” Bublé, 43, told the UK publication. “Is this all there is? Because if this is all there is, there has to be something bigger.”

Noah, now 5, was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 3 in 2016. He is currently in remission.

“The diagnosis made me realize how stupid I’d been to worry about these unimportant things. I was embarrassed by my ego, that it had allowed this insecurity,” the singer said.

“And I decided I’d never read my name in print again, never read a review, and I never have. I decided I’d never use social media again, and I never have.”

With his next album, “Love,” set to be released next month, Bublé said the record is something of a gift for loyal fans.


“There are three reasons I wanted to do this album,” he explained. “One, because I felt a debt of gratitude, deeper than I can explain, to the millions of people all over the world who prayed for us and showed us compassion. That gave me faith in humanity.

“Two, because I love music and feel I can continue the legacy of my idols. And three, because if the world was ending – not just my own personal hell but watching the political turmoil in America and watching Europe break up – there’s never a better time for music,” Bublé added.

No comments:

Post a Comment