Friday, August 3, 2018

Rape Claim Against Singer Nick Carter Under Review

Melissa Schuman, Nick Carter
A rape allegation against Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter is now under review by the Los Angeles County District Attorney, according to The LA Times.

Carter, 38, is accused of raping singer Melissa Schuman, 33, inside a Santa Monica apartment back in 2002 – allegations he has denied.

Schuman, best known for her role in the all-girl teen band Dream, stepped forward with the claim in a lengthy blog post last November.

She said Cater invited her and a friend over to the Santa Monica residence for a “casual hangout” while they were shooting the 2004 made-for-TV movie “The Hollow.”

Schuman, who was 18 and a virgin at the time, said Carter fed her shots and then took her into a bathroom for the unexpected attack.

She said he unbuttoned her pants and performed oral sex on her despite her objections.

Schuman said Carter then took her to another room and forced her to perform oral sex on him.

"I felt scared and trapped,” she wrote. “I couldn’t leave. It was evident to me, that I couldn’t leave. He was stronger and much bigger than me, and there was no way I would be able to open that door or have anyone help me,” she wrote.

She acquiesced out of fear, she said, and felt “sickened” when she caught a glimpse of herself performing the sex act “against my will.”

She said Carter eventually moved her to the bedroom and raped her.

No comments:

Post a Comment