Friday, July 13, 2018

Seattle Radio: Raftery, Bosch Returning To KIRO-FM

Jillian Raftery
Bonneville Interation / Seattle has announced Jillian Raftery is returning to N/T KIRO 97.3 FM as midday news editor and Heather Bosch is joining the station to serve as afternoon news anchor.

Raferty has been working as a sales and marketing consultant in Vancouver, BC for the past two years.  She says, “I fell in love with radio andstorytelling listening to KIRO Radio growing up.  I started my career at the station in 2011 as an intern and after graduating from college returned and worked my way through many roles on the digital and news teams, serving as digital editor, social media manager, midday and morning editor, reporter, as well as filling in on anchor shifts…I am thrilled to come home and get to know the ever-changing Seattle landscape all over again.”

Heather Bosch
Bosch has been serving with CBS Radio News in New York as a national correspondent for the past five years.  She comments, “I’m thrilled to be back at KIRO Radio – my broadcast home for 10 years!  After five years as a Manhattan-based CBS Network News correspondent, I’m eager to share what I’ve learned while covering big, breaking news stories like the Boston Marathon bombing, and investigating more complex issues, such as the experience of women serving in the US military.”

KIRO-FM, director of news and programming Ryan Maguire adds, “Heather and Jillian are great additions to our award-winning and diverse news team.  I want to thank our managing editor Colleen O’Brien for her work in these very thorough job searches.  We’re proud that KIRO continues to attract the best and brightest in the industry.”

Heather has won six Murrows, three Gracie Awards and two Headliner Awards in her illustrious career

No comments:

Post a Comment