Thursday, July 26, 2018

Pittsburgh Radio: KDKA's Mike Pintek Takes Leave of Absence


Best wishes to KDKA 1020 AM talk show personality Mike Pintek, who has decided to take a leave of absence from hosting his weekday “Mike Pintek Show” to focus on his health.

In May of 2017, Mike announced that he had been diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer, according to the station website. He has been under the care of doctors while continuing to broadcast his 12pm-3pm show on KDKA.

“At this point, I need to take some time and really focus on my health,” said Pintek. “I know a number of listeners have reached out to the station to get an update on my condition since I haven’t been on the air for a few weeks. I want everyone to know how much I appreciate all your prayers, kind words, encouragement and support.”

Recently Mike’s cancer treatment was interrupted when he suffered a stroke. His doctors are optimistic that his rehabilitation will be successful and he will return to the planned course of chemotherapy.

Mike has been on the air at KDKA in various capacities since 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment