Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Syracuse Radio: Mark Wainwright EXITS N/T WSYR

Mark Wainwright
Mark Wainwright has decided to exit his AM Drive shift on WSYR 570 AM in Syracuse

Wainwright says, “I’ll skip over a lot of the details, but the end result is that my contract ended in July and I decided to move on.

"It was as amicable and as mutually respectful a separation as anyone could want.  We parted on good terms and I would not hesitate to work for iHeartMedia again if the right situation came along.  In fact, the management at WSYR and several other iHeart stations indicated they would be happy to bring me back as a fill-in or guest host as the need arises, and at least one program director told me he definitely plans to call on me at some point. I’m looking forward to that.”

WSYR posted Wainwright's farewell message on its website.

Wainwright states "While it’s certainly possible that I will return from time to time as a guest host or substitute – come on, at some point [Bob] Lonsberry has to take a vacation.”

He relates how he filled in for the ailing Joe Galuski and eventually replaced him on the morning show after his passing.  He also thanks management for sticking by him while he dealt with his own throat cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment