Monday, January 25, 2016

Baltimore Radio: Former WBAL News Anchor Running For Mayor

Alan Walden
Alan Walden, the retired morning news anchor for Newsradio WBAL 1090 AM, is running for mayor.

Walden, who served as the news anchor on WBAL's morning show from 1988 to 1998, said last week he's filed to run as a Republican in the mayoral primary in April.

"It's something that I felt compelled to do. I've been thinking about it for several months, I've discussed it with a number of people," Walden told WBAL.

"I believe I can carry to the voters... a message that will give them the kind of hope that is required to establish the city as the great place it truly is," he said. "I am convinced that the good people of the city of Baltimore are willing to listen to a new voice with a new message."

WBAL was the last stop of a five-decade career that included time as a reporter, anchor and news director in Boston, Cleveland and New York.

A Maryland native who grew up in northern Anne Arundel County, Jackson's radio career has included stints at WCBM, Mutual Broadcasting, Metro Traffic and WVOB in Bel Air, where he worked before moving to WBAL in 1972.

No comments:

Post a Comment