Thursday, July 17, 2014

Boston Radio WEEI's Minihane Apologizes To Erin Andrews

Kirk Minihane
WEEI 93.7 FM sports talker Kirk Minihane railed against Fox Sports reporter Erin Andrews Wednesday, calling her a “b----” on the “Dennis & Callahan” show over her in-game interview with Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright.

The Boston Herald reports last night, he apologized for the rant saying, in part, "My choice of words was wrong; I was wrong to have used them. To all whom I offended -- particularly Ms. Andrews -- I apologize."

Wainwright told reporters during Tuesday’s game that he grooved a couple pitches to retiring Yankees ace Derek Jeter – and it immediately took off on Twitter. Later, during an interview with Andrews, Wainwright claimed he was kidding.

“Don’t you love social media?” Andrews said.


After playing a clip of her interview with Wainwright, Minihane said:

“What a bitch. I hate her. What a gutless b----. Seriously, go away. Drop dead. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with her? First of all, follow-up. Secondly, the guy admitted he did it. He told reporters that he threw a couple of pipe bombs. How is that social media’s fault? I hate her. I seriously hate her so much. Social media is the reason she has a big house. Shut up. Shut up. I shouldn’t call her a b----, I’m sure she’s a nice person.”
Minihane's apology:
"This morning on the radio I used a series of words to describe Erin Andrews' work at the All-Star Game. My choice of words was wrong; I was wrong to have used them. To all whom I offended -- particularly Ms. Andrews -- I apologize. There is no place for what was said. It was immature and completely uncalled for. I am often critical of media members and their work and recognize here that I've made the kind of mistake I would call out if it was done by another sportscaster or writer. Again, to all involved, I'm very sorry."
WEEI parent company Entercom’s Boston Vice President Phil Zachary said Minihane would not be fired or suspended for the on-air comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment