Friday, July 12, 2013

Philly Radio: Lionel OUT, Imus IN At WWIQ


Merlin’s N/T WWIQ IQ 106.9 FM has another new morning host. Plus, the station is now entirely airing syndicated shows.

When the station launched in May of last year, Al Gardner and Philly TV anchor Larry Mendte were co-hosts of “Philly’s Morning News”.  Talker personality Lionel replaced Larry Mendte at the end of 2012 and then long-time Randy Michaels’ buddy Al Gardner departed in March. 

LISTEN-LINE: Click Here.

The latest development has Lionel gone, replaced by the WABC New York-based and syndicated Don Imus Show starting this coming Monday.  News Anchor Michelle Murillo remains.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe the station is next to 900AM, the hate station

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imus is a bummer to listen to. Talks as if mouth is full of pebbles. Also I find the banter slow and retarded. Bring Lionel back. I tried and tried, but do not like listening to Imus.
    Perhaps I would like Imus if I lived in Texas.
    Imus is a gentleman, and so I wont beat him up more than this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel exactly the same way. I loved listening to Lionel on my way to work each morning. Immus and his crew are silly and boring.

      Delete
  3. Please bring lionel back Imus is way passed his prime. Lionel is on current events.

    ReplyDelete