Monday, December 17, 2012

Stewart To Overnights Live At WCBS-FM NYC

Longtime WPLJ overnight jock Dave Stewart is now keeping listeners up all night on WCBS-FM. In a radio industry where pre-dawn voicetracking is the norm, particularly on music stations, Stewart is delighted to be live each weeknight on the Classic Hits mainstay.

“CBS-FM is my dream station, so I can’t even express how honored I am to work under that logo,” Stewart tells FishbowlNY.

It’s a change for CBS-FM where Joe Causi was on “tape” during overnight. When Causi was promoted to evenings, music director Lenny Bloch handled the voicetracking duties.

“The people at CBS/New York have welcomed me like family,” Stewart says. “I will do my best to uphold the legacy.”

Stewart debuted on CBS-FM Friday morning.

After 22 years at his station, Stewart left WPLJ in October 2011, as part of layoffs at the Cumulus New York cluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment