Monday, October 8, 2012

WABC’s Bob Grant 'Quit' For Attention

Wednesday, talker Bob Grant posted on his website that Sunday 10/7 would be his last radio show on WABC, NYC.

Apparently, he’s changed his mind or posting was just a PR stunt.  Now,  he’s  says  he’ll stick around for "the foreseeable future".

And he’s posted the following on his website:                
"Got Your Attention! 
October 4, 2012 
Yesterday I wrote a column that made it appear this was to be my last Sunday on WABC. It was a mistake. It was not my last show. I wanted to get your attention since last week so many of you didn’t know I was only one hour. I got your attention but I upset a lot of people. I have had a lot of practice upsetting people. But, enough about me and that erroneous message. 
Let us talk about something really important. I mean, how about the debate last night? There were people who were close to Mitt Romney who said, “Don’t sell Mitt short.” He is bright, he is smart and he demonstrated last night he has the mental capacity to lead this nation. Perhaps just as important, he demonstrated that he can think on his feet. While his opponent, Barack the Boastful, was busy attending golf tournaments and fund-raisers and whatever else a lazy detached head of state does, Romney was practicing for the debate. It was thrilling and encouraging to see this fine decent, dedicated man do what he did last night. Guys like James Carville who, in spite of the fact he is a devout Democrat who would kill for Bill Clinton back in the good old 90s, is honest enough to admit his man, Barack the Boastful, was a big embarrassment. 
More on this tomorrow. And, don’t worry about me leaving the radio. . . at least not just yet. 
Bob Grant 
Straight ahead!"

1 comment: