Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rush: "We Don't Hire Actors to Call This Program"

RUSH LIMBAUGH on Monday's show:
"Let me take care of some housecleaning here.  Inside Baseball stuff.  There was this story that's now attaching itself in depth to the blogosphere that Premiere Radio Networks hires actors to call radio talk shows essentially defrauding you, the unsuspecting duped audience.  So I read this over the weekend and said, "What the heck is this now?"  We don't have actors on this program.  We don't take enough calls on this program, and certainly are not gonna pay anybody to call this program.  You talk about economics, we're certainly not gonna do that...

....In fact, one of the cardinal rules here from the get-go, nothing is staged on this program, ever.  People have come to me over the years with ideas.  Everybody wants to get in the act, and I have routinely shot it down.  It just doesn't happen.  No way.  Plus, pay for it?  We've got the best universe of potential callers in the country here, the largest audience ever. I mean to pay for this?  By the way, I don't care, some of the best calls we ever had, these wacko, looped-out liberals, I don't care how good an actor, I don't think we could duplicate this if we script it.  Some of this is beyond being scripted.  But I still can't figure out why Premiere did not specify -- they let it stand out there that this is all happening as part of their talk radio division, which it's not, at least not here.  And I can't believe that it's happening anywhere else.  You may not have seen this yet.  The story originally appeared in something called the Tablet magazine which calls itself "a new read on Jewish life."

Tablet magazine is a radical left-wing operation.  From Tablet magazine, here's one of the excerpts: "Michael Harrison, the editor of Talkers Magazine, the talk-radio world’s leading trade publication, said he knew nothing of this particular service but was not altogether surprised to hear that it was in place. There was, he said, a tradition of 'creating fake phone calls for the sake of entertainment on some of the funny shows, shock jocks shows.'"  That's exactly right, but not here, people doing pranks.  I would consider it an insult if somebody came to me and said, "Hey, we got a couple actors, we got a couple things that we want you to do here with people, actors pretending to be callers."  I mean that door would get slammed on somebody's nose and toes as fast as I've ever slammed a door.  For those of you who remember Rita X, why would we pay for that?  And I suggest to you that there's not an actor in the world that could pull that off.  This whole thing was originally published on the 11th of February.  I debated whether or not to even mention this today, you know, whether to even bring it up.  There's a lot of stuff going on out there, folks."
Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment