Tuesday, August 27, 2024

St. Louis Radio: Sports Commentator Bernie Miklasz Joins KMOX

 


Legendary St. Louis sports commentator Bernie Miklasz is joining KMOX as a regular contributor to the station, he announced Monday on The Dave Glover Show.

"I'm at a stage of my career where I'm not going to do something unless I really want to do it," said Miklasz on The Dave Glover Show Monday. "KMOX has always had a special place in my heart because when I came to St. Louis, nobody knew who I was and KMOX put me on the air and kind of started increasing my profile and my popularity in St. Louis."

"There something magical about KMOX. I could leave KMOX physically, but it never left me emotionally, so this incredibly meaningful for me to do this."

Miklasz will have radio hits all around KMOX programming throughout the week. On Mondays and Fridays at 2:35 p.m., Miklasz will join "The Dave Glover Show". On Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:35 a.m., Miklasz will join Chris Rongey and Amy Marxkors on "The Chris and Amy Show" and on Sundays at 11:45 a.m., he will join Tom Ackerman on "Sports on a Sunday Morning." He will also have regular radio hits on "Sports Open Line".

Since 1985, Miklasz, who was inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame in 2023, has been a prominent sports-media columnist, broadcaster and podcaster.

During his time with the Post-Dispatch, Miklasz covered a variety of stories and written thousand of columns around the Cardinals, sports-related issues and more. Miklasz became the lead sports columnist in 1999 and held that role before he departed the newspaper in 2015.

Alongside his time as a sports columnist, Miklasz has also served as an on-air host and contributor for multiple radio stations including WBAL in Baltimore, KMOX in St. Louis, KRLD in Dallas, and 101 ESPN in St. Louis.

In addition to his contributing work on KMOX, Miklasz hosts The Bernie Show Podcast, which can be found on Audacy, and The Bernie Miklasz Show on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment