Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Tulsa TV: On-Air News Anchor Experiences 'Beginning of A Stroke'

Julie Chin

A morning news anchor in Oklahoma is in the hospital after she suffered what her doctors called the “beginnings of a stroke” live on the air over the weekend, reports Mediaite.

Julie Chin of Tulsa's NBC affiliate KJRH was reporting on NASA’s now-canceled Artemis I launch at 8:45 a.m. CT Saturday morning. She became visibly confused and was unable to read the words on the teleprompter.

In spite of multiple attempts to start over and continue the report, Chin knew something was not right.

“I’m sorry, something is going on with me this morning and I apologize to everybody,” she said. “Let’s just go ahead and send it on to meteorologist Annie Brown.

Brown took over and finished the newscast. Chin did not return to air.


On Sunday night, the veteran Tulsa anchor updated her followers on the situation and apologized.

“I’m so glad to tell you I’m OK,” she wrote on Facebook. “The past few days are still a little bit of a mystery, but my doctors believe I had the beginnings of a stroke live on the air Saturday morning. Some of you witnessed it firsthand, and I’m so sorry that happened.”

No comments:

Post a Comment