Tuesday, August 9, 2022

'Grease' Co-Star John Travolta Pays Tribute to ONJ

Grease co-stars: ONJ and John Travolta

Olivia Newton-John has died at the age of 73 after a brave and extraordinarily public decades-long battle with cancer. 

The actress died peacefully at her home in Southern California on Monday morning, surrounded by family and friends. Her husband John Easterling announced her death on her Facebook page. 

'We ask that everyone please respect the family's privacy during this very difficult time. 

'Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer.

Newton-John battled a third round of cancer in 2017, this time at the base of her spine. An initial breast cancer diagnosis came in 1992; doctors again found cancer, in Newton-John's shoulder, following a car accident in 2013.

When asked in a September 2018 interview with Australia's Channel Seven whether she was scared following the third diagnosis, she said, "I'd be lying if I said I never go there. There are moments; I'm human. If I allowed myself to go there, I could easily create that big fear. But my husband's always there, and he's there to support me".

Among the first to pay tribute to her on Monday was John Travolta, her co-star in Grease - the 1978 movie that catapulted her career and made her a global icon.

The family asked for donations to be made to her cancer organization, the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, instead of flowers.

 She is survived by her 36-year-old daughter, Chloe Lattanzi. Chloe posted a loving tribute to her mother on Instagram three days ago, saying: 'I worship this woman. My mother. My best friend.'  

The actress famously beat breast cancer twice but was diagnosed again in 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment