Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tampa Radio: Mike Calta, CMG Re-Up


Cox Media Group has announced that Mike Calta has signed a new multi-year contract to stay at 102.5-FM “The Bone,” marking two decades in the Tampa Bay area radio scene.

The Tampa Bay Times reports Calta will continue his role as host of Tampa’s No. 1 morning drive talk show, “The Mike Calta Show,” weekdays from 6 to 10 a.m.

Calta has been with The Bone since 2007. In 2014, he rebranded himself and his show and stopped using the on-air name Cowhead. He started in Tampa Bay radio in 1989 at 93.3 WFLZ-FM, then known as the Power Pig.

“I’m grateful and proud to be continuing my radio career with CMG in my home Tampa Bay,” Calta said in a statement. “At 50 years old, my window to being a male dancer has surely closed, so this contract is extra special to me and my family.”

This multi-year deal will mark a 20-year partnership for Mike Calta and 102.5 The Bone, the station said.

“I couldn’t be more excited that The Mike Calta Show will continue to call 102.5 The Bone home for many years to come,” said John Brennan, director of branding and programming for 102.5 The Bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment