Saturday, April 30, 2022

Seattle Radio: Danny Bonaduce Takes Medical Leave From KZOK

Danny Bonaduce KZOK

Danny Bonaduce, who rose to the fame as a child star on 1970s sitcom “The Partridge Family,” is taking a medical leave from “The Danny Bonaduce & Sarah Morning Show” on Seattle’s Classic Rock KZOK 102.5 FM , he announced on Friday.

“Some news to share,” the 62-year-old wrote on Twitter alongside a photo of himself with a cane. “I’m taking a temporary medical leave from my radio show. I’ll share more when I know more. I’m still working towards receiving a diagnosis. What I know is, I need time to focus on my health. I love my job and talking to you guys & I’ll be back on the air soon.”

Tweet photo
With his trademark humor still intact, he quipped, “Charlie Chaplin, Willy Wonka, Danny Bonaduce. I’ve joined the club of cool guys with canes.”

In 1990, he was arrested while attempting to buy cocaine while in Florida to host a D.A.R.E event. In 1991, Bonaduce was arrested in Phoenix for beating and robbing a prostitute, whose nose he broke.

In 2007 he was the subject of a felony battery investigation after, at the Fox Reality Awards, he threw former Survivor contestant Johnny Fairplay over his shoulder after Fairplay hugged him onstage. The L.A. D.A. later concluded that Bonaduce had acted in self-defense.

Along with The Partridge Family, Bonaduce appeared in a string of popular shows as a child, including Bewitched, The Ghost & Mrs. Muir and Mayberry R.F.D.

In the late ’70s and early ’80s, he found work on Eight Is Enough, Fantasy Island and CHiPs, on which he had a four episode run.

After that, the roles became fewer and farther between. While still working occasionally in film and TV, he transitioned to radio in the late ’80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment