Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The Voice Of The NBA Retires After 55-Year- Career

Marv Albert

The legendary Marv Albert called the final game of his 55-year career on Saturday night.

FOX News reports Albert, who served as the play-by-play broadcaster for TNT, announced in May that he had plans to retire once the Eastern Conference Finals were over. On Saturday night, the Bucks defeated the Hawks in Game 6 to wrap up the series and set up a Milwaukee-Phoenix NBA Finals, which will begin on Tuesday.

"With tonight's game winding down, I'm thinking 'Well, this is it. My last broadcast.' And all that's going through my mind is I have been so fortunate to be doing this for 55 years. Doing what I love, having a front-row seat for so many of the iconic moments of sports history," Albert said at the conclusion of the game.

"I wish I were starting all over again. It has been such a joy. So for the last time, thanks so much for watching. I'm Marv Albert, saying 'Thank you, and good night.'"


Albert was the voice of the New York Knicks and nationally televised NBA games for most of his career. He also did commentary for football, hockey, boxing, horse racing and tennis.

The 80-year-old Albert took part in an interview with "Inside the NBA" after the Bucks-Hawks game, and he talked about what he was going to do during retirement, including spending time with his wife, Heather, as well as their four children, eight grandchildren and two dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment