Saturday, January 30, 2021

Sacramento Radio: KSEG Morning Host Charlie Thomas To Sign-Off

Charlie Thomas
Longtime Classic Rock KSEG 96.9 The Eagle on-air veteran and current morning show host Charlie Thomas has announced his retirement. Attached please find a couple photos of Charlie. Below please find thoughts from Charlie to staff, as well as from SVP, Market Manager Stacey Kauffman.

“There is simply no way to properly acknowledge thirty-six years of dedication and success on one station…the last twenty-three of which Charlie Thomas has given to Entercom Sacramento,” said Stacey Kauffman, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom Sacramento. 

"In his well-deserved retirement, he leaves behind a truly indelible mark, not only on this company and our industry as a whole, but most importantly on the people of Sacramento. He is so much more than a top-tier broadcaster – he is a top-tier human being. He has a true gift for making that special connection with his audience and will be remembered fondly by all who were fortunate enough to experience that connection first-hand.”

Thomas stated, "When I moved to Sacramento 36 years ago, I thought it was a stepping stone to the “Big Time.” Didn’t take long to realize it would become my home. I’m proud to have become a part of this community…served up a rockin’ soundtrack for its residents and in some measure helped to provide a voice for them.

"Radio is about one-to-one connection, and that mission continues, though the tools have changed. When I started, we were cueing up vinyl records on turntables, and editing tape with razor blades on reel-to-reel decks…where’s my grease pencil??

"It’s been quite a journey, staying in the same place. I’ve met a number of incredible and talented people along the way – too many to mention, and thank…and a *few* weasels as well! Definitely want to give props to my Eagle folks and my fellow staff in the early days of 93 Rock. It’s been a privilege to work beside you and a pleasure to be with Entercom these last 23 years.

"As I hang up the headphones, I look forward to exploring more of the world outside the studio walls, and listening to 96.9 The Eagle as a civilian now. Oh, and I WILL be sleeping past dark-thirty every day."

No comments:

Post a Comment