Tuesday, January 26, 2021

S-F Radio: Elroy Smith EXITS Urban AC KBLX


After four years with Bonneville's Urban AC KBLX 102.9 in San Francisco veteran programmer Elroy Smith announced that Monday was his last day as Program Director.

In a statement, Smith said "The west coast was never on my radar, but thanks to Pat Paxton, Entercom, the company that previously owned KBLX, and Steve DiNardo, who was the market manager, both gave me the opportunity to oversee this iconic radio station for close to five years.

"During my tenure at KBLX, my most memorable moment, was when were able to achieve becoming the #1 music station in a market that is extremely diverse, with a very small African American community. It showed us, that a diverse city, such as SF., loves R&B music.  I will miss the genuine camaraderie of my co-workers."

Smith concluded, "I am walking out of Bonneville Int’l, better equipped than ever before. I have the drive, the heart, the tools, the knowledge, skills and abilities, to share with my new radio home."

Previously, Smith was Summit Media’s Operations Director for WJMZ/107-3 JAMZ, WHZT/HOT 98.1, X985 and 97.7 CHUCK FM in Greenville, South Carolina. Smith is highly awarded with accolades such as WGCI R&R Urban Station of the Year (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006), Radio Music Awards Urban Programmer of the Year (2005), Marconi Radio Award for Urban Station of the Year (2006) among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment