Thursday, December 24, 2020

Rush Limbaugh Gets Emotional During Final 2020 Show

Rush Limbaugh thanked his listeners for their support as he opened up about his fight with terminal cancer during his final radio show of the year, reports The Daily Mail. 

'I wasn't expected to be alive today,' the conservative radio icon said. 'I wasn't expected to make it to October, and then to November, and then to December. And yet, here I am, and today, got some problems, but I'm feeling pretty good today.'

'My point in all of this today is gratitude,' Limbaugh said about the outpouring of support he's felt. 'My point in all of this is to say thanks and tell everybody involved how much I love you from the bottom of a sizable and growing and still-beating heart.'

Limbaugh also thanked his wife Kathryn Adams for her support during his battle. The radio host has been married to Kathryn, his fourth wife, since 2010. 

'So many people put me first,' Limbaugh added, and referenced Lou Gehrig, who famously proclaimed himself 'the luckiest man' while battling ALS. 


Limbaugh announced his cancer diagnosis in February after learning about it in January.

Limbaugh was diagnosed with Stage IV advanced lung cancer and shared in October that treatments were no longer working, meaning he was going to die. 

But despite his health worries, he has continued to host his radio show which has been in national syndication since 1988. He missed several shows in October for treatment.

In his final show of 2020, he added: 'I can't be self-absorbed about it, when that is the tendency when you are told that you've got a due date.

'You have an expiration date. A lot of people never get told that, so they don't face life this way.'

No comments:

Post a Comment