Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Hubbard President/COO Drew Horowitz To Retire

After 43 years in the radio business, Hubbard Radio president and chief operating officer Drew Horowitz has announced his retirement at the end. of 2019.

Horowitz spent 19 years with Bonneville and joined Hubbard in January 2011 after it bought Bonneville's 17 radio stations in Washington DC, Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati.

Hubbard CEO Ginny Morris made the announcement in a memo to staffers:
"Warm summer greetings to all of you — 
I write to you today to tell you about a change that will be coming to our company at the end of the year. 
Drew Horowitz
After 43 years of working in, owning and running radio stations and companies, Drew Horowitz, our President and COO, will be retiring from Hubbard Radio at the end of 2019. 
Drew came to Hubbard Radio as a part of our transformational acquisition of four Bonneville markets in 2011. Since that time, Drew has been instrumental in helping us further grow the company as we added clusters in Phoenix and Seattle, bolstered our cluster in St. Louis and most recently, acquired our operations in West Palm Beach. 
Like me, I know that each of you has appreciated working with and getting to know Drew both professionally and personally. And… I absolutely know that each of us has learned a great deal from Drew and not just about radio, business and leadership. I know that Drew has touched and helped many of us personally as well as professionally. 
Drew is a wise and generous leader and it has been an honor to be able to work alongside him for the last eight years. 
We will be celebrating Drew in the coming months and we will be in ‘business as usual’ mode until further notice. 
Please join me in sharing our heartfelt appreciation for all that Drew has done to make us the best we can be and in wishing him all good things in the future. 
Most Sincerely,
Ginny"
Earlier in his career, Horowitz was VP/GM for Country WUSN, 99.5 in Chicago.

"This is a good as I could have ever hoped for,” Horowitz told Chicago media watcher Robert Feder, who first reported the news. “I had a career that I never could have dreamed of when I started selling in 1976. I’ve loved every minute of it. I worked with great companies and great people who respected the industry and respected the people that worked for them. I just was so lucky.”

No comments:

Post a Comment