Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Dayton Meteorologist Slams Bachelorette Fans


A meteorologist for WRGT Fox 45 in Dayton, Ohio snapped at viewers who complained on social media about a tornado warning that interrupted Monday night’s broadcast of “The Bachelorette,” saying that the cutaway was due to a “dangerous situation.”

“I was just checking social media, we have viewers complaining already. ‘Just go back to the show.’ No, we’re not going back to the show, folks. This is a dangerous situation, okay,” Jamie Simpson said during the live broadcast.



“Think about if this was your neighborhood. I’m sick and tired of people complaining about this,” Simpson said. “Our job here is to keep people safe, and that is what we’re going to do. Some of you complained that this is all about my ego. Stop. It’s not. I’m done with you people, I really am, this is pathetic.”

Fox 45 did not immediately respond for a request for comment. However, Simpson did apologize later in the broadcast.

“Alright, I’m sorry I did that, it just really bothers me that we have people that don’t care about other people’s safety around here,” Simpson said.

No comments:

Post a Comment