Tuesday, April 9, 2019

R.I.P. John Teelin, Longtime Pensacola Radio Broadcaster

John D Teelin
John D Teelin died on March 30, 2019 after struggling with health issues and a stay in hospice care.

He was a well-known Pensacola radio broadcaster who recorded 55+ years in radio.  Teelin's stops included WCOA 1370 AM and until a couple of years ago as news director at WPNN  790 AM, also in Pensacola.

Voice Artist tom Walh remember Teelin,  "John was very well known in the Pensacola/Northwest Florida and Southeast Alabama area.  I suppose you could say he was an icon and the dearest, kindest and most generous person I've known in broadcasting.  I could write a book about John. 

"I recall the day he called me and was most anxious to say "hey man, guess who I just talked with on the phone?  Peter Thomas.  He called looking to buy a few pieces of equipment.  I told him about you..."  That was some 10 years ago and out of that relationship with John came my friendship with the legendary narrator who helped guide me in my career as a voice talent."

Wahl added, "Our world is an emptier place, I am sad and my heart aches over his passing."

No comments:

Post a Comment